Friday, July 23, 2010

Do It Yourself

If you can't find the organic produce that your looking for then grow it yourself! I thought I'd try a container garden. Unfortunately with all the rain we got last month my cucumber and eggplant plants got drowned. But our red pepper plant is doing well with 6 peppers growing on it!

I also thought I'd try that Topsy Turvy tomato plant grower. We do have 1 small tomato growing but the plant doesn't seem to be doing so well. It's only growing on one side so I'm thinking that maybe the way we have it hanging isn't right. I also got a strawberry plant and some seeds but nothing grew. I had some cilantro growing, but Bodie, the big black dog, peed on it and killed it! So I'm thinking I'll go ahead with a garden plot in the Fall and see if we can get some broccoli and cauliflower for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment